View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tweety
Out of my mind, back in 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauer View Post
Picked up the cbr today. Thinking of renaming my cat Peter Fonda. Its a '94 with just under 25k miles on the clock. Some damage to the right side fairing as it had been stolen at one stage.

Plan is to use 2 nissan 48v forklift traction motors for series - parallel setup. Minimum of 72v possibly go to 96. Controller will be my own custom igbt version of the open revolt. Not sure about the charger but the petrol tank is plenty big to accomodate a low power version of the open source charger by Simon Rafferty.

Batteries will either be Odyssey pc680 agms or headway 16ah. Thats the basic plan anyway. Now i've never even sat on much less owned a bike until today so like in that film wild hogs its a case of "all the gear , no idea!"

So first question. Can someone please tell me how to put this thing on its center stand ??
Stomp on the "lever" for the centerstand while lifting at the passenger footpeg... Not hard, just need the right technique... And once you have figured it out, remove that junk... It's just useless weight that you lug around... The only practical use I ever found for mine is to make cool sparks in the corners...