View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Creeper
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks guys,

My car used to be a highway only but now it sees allot of stop n go trafic so some of the less likely mods are what I am searching for. The seats wont cost too much normally at performance world, you can get a pair for $250-300 on the cheep and they are fairly comfy. If need be I can fabricate my own brackes out of thin aluminum or steel (with the excess cut away).

As for the exhaust you are correct there is a second pipe similar to old school civics. I know I can get a strait pipe for em and delete the 2 large resonators unerneath the car. I know if I delete these two it will give better flow however the sound can be delt with if need be with smaller resonators not the big bulky ones that GM used.

As for the mirrors I have an idea as to something I saw at the autoshow a few years back with a Suzuki concept SUV that had no side mirrors at all only camera's in their place. Ebay has back up camera's on the cheep about $100 a pop. Either that or I fab up some M3 style mirrors that have the gap at the center eliminated.

For the rims I'd like to eliminate as much wieght as posible I know some rim companies make light weight rims that do not feature many gaps or to many spaces. My concern is being too light. Anything that weights under 15Lbs and your on the cops list. Hence why I'm looking at 15" rims that weigh a few punds under the required weight and adding tires to balance them up. As for raising the tire pressure I'd rather have minimal gains and keep my tires a bit longer.

I know most of my mods will take a while but I'll keep at it till I get where I want to be.