View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
homeworkhome53
EcoModding Apprentice

Workride - '07 Chevrolet Aveo5 SVE
90 day: 51.74 mpg (US)
Never to old. I hope?

I have not owned a bike in 30 years and I'm 58 years old, but feel it is still within my skill set. Live 26 miles from work so this bike will not be a daily communter. I live in the middle of a national forest some paved mostly dirt roads and two tracks. I've noticed my physical condition could be better, thinking a little biking could kill two birds with a single bicycle. I have a small river a mile and half from the house which I would loved to fly fish. It has a very primitive two track running along it. I don't want to invest a fortune on a super wamodyne mountain bike and in truth I've been looking at a Schwinn mountain bike at the local Meyers and think this may be a good place to start, but thought I could use some input from more experienced riders. When I was a kid Schwinn was the "in" bike but things change. I want something that will give good service for a year of so until I find out if I like this. I plan to retire in 4 years and also plan to spend a good deal of time enjoying these backwoods. The national forest is atleast 20 miles in every direction I would think this is within a bikes range for daily transporttion purposes at leasure pace. What say you.

Thank You

homeworkhome53