View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #217 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
...so anyway...

Today I took the original metro XFi shell the engine came in to the junkyard. I added some ole piece a crap muffler I had lying around the busted motor I ripped out of my tercel EV conversion, and the gas tank too, so its weight was basically the same as it would've been had I not removed the motor. I got $123 for it. Not too shabby! I bought the car for 200 plus the trip to ohio to haul it back (not to mention the first trip I took out there to try to drive it back only to discover the unsafe condition of the lower control arm mount). Poor metros and their deadly rust allergy. The forklift busted right through the driver window and lifted it up by the roof and hauled it away.

The day I chose to do this was serendipitous; in the "waiting line" to enter the yard was another CRX (finally I can get some of the spare/needed parts I've been waiting for), and I forgot that I had been storing a full set of 155/80/r13s in fantastic condition in the XFi that will fit the CRXFi perfectly! This will tide me over until I find some potenzas mounted on insight rims :P