View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Phantom
Master EcoModder

Blue Meanie - '02 Volkswagon Golf TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 48.52 mpg (US)

Wife's car - '05 WV Passat TDI

Rudy - '94 Chevy C2500
Aero I was using the out side edge to line up I see where the template is not perfect at the bottom but I think that is from the picture not being level. I was mostly using it for a reference and to get opinions on what angle to take it at as I will have to later figure out what real world curve that will be.

I will start with card board and then move to colorplast. Weather thanks for the hot glue tip although I do not know how that would hold up to cold but I might do that for testing. If I get really ambitious I might eventually try to make a fiber glass version but that probably will not happen.

Piwoslaw I have seen the uglyback that is about what I am aiming for function wise.

The Kammback will be more of an upper spoiler and have some of the shading effect of a louver. Some of my requirements are to have a fully accessible trunk, keep 95% of the rear visibility, and keep it looking semi-stock. The last two requirements is why I referenced your thread Piwoslaw.

I guess my next step is to figure out the angle of the rear glass to the angle of the kamm so I can make a triangle to use for setting the final angle. Then start fitting the cardboard to the curve of the glass.

"It's not rocket surgery!" -MetroMPG