View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
vpoppv
The $500 Electric Car

OMG! The day I have spent today! I was in Bug heaven. I really didn't know what I was going to do with "Tangerine". It needed so much work, most of the glass was bad, and the kicker was that most parts wouldn't interchange with the dune buggy. Since I basically got it for free, I was just going to rip parts off of it and send it to the junkyard. As it turns out, I went to the guy's house that traded it to me and visited his two other Bugs that he told me I could take whatever parts I wanted off of. I ended up with a rear window, a driver's side window, two backseats, two front seat, headlights and trim rings, turn signals, door panels, and a spare tire. Tomorrow I'm getting fiberglass front and rear fenders as well as a hood. I have enough spare parts to make both complete I think. I sure wish this all happened at the BEGINNING of summer. School (work) starts in 5 days and college starts on the 23rd-there's no way I can work on them then. So the plan is now: June Bug electric and Tangerine back to stock. Then I will sell Tangerine to fund the building of EV4 (I'm thinking pickup)....