View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 02:09 AM   #278 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
DesignSpark is working well. While I wait the couple days for the SR control boards to get here (and since the prototype software for the SR controller is ready), I'm doing a control board for the AC controller. 6 of the VLA106-15151. I'm also modifying the undervoltage circuits for hardware disable of the mosfet drivers. All 6 will turn off if a single undervoltage event happens.

Right now I'm converting all the stupid libraries over to DesignSpark. The rough draft board will take about 1 week I think to get designed and routed. I'm doing it all through-hole I think. It will just be 0-15v drivers, which will work fine at a relatively slower frequency for IGBTs. I can't wait to test it out first on that little weenie module I bought, and then on the 6-pac that was sent to me during christmas! The software is not going to be that bad I think. I used to program old school video games, and had to do lots of trigonometric transformations, so the clarke, park, and inverses won't be too bad to implement I think. It's always 10 times harder than you think it will be, but if you go in knowing that, then it's only like 5 times harder! So twice as easy as you think! hahaha