View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
wyatt
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroModder View Post
Those were to extend the inward angle of the rear end and give a cleaner edge for flow separation. I ended up removing them, and just recently revisited them with an altered design and a better attachment method.

I'm starting to think of making a full permanent kammback with a hinged top for trunk access and some clear plastic panel for the rear window. I'll probably get another sheet of coroplast in red and some brackets and braces after I sketch up the plans. The proper angle will come up about 4 or 5 inches above the trunklid. I might even extend it out to the end of the bumper to have a completely rectangular end.
I drew these, they may give you a heads up on sketching... The first one is in Google Sketchup, and the scale is approximate. The second one is very close to actual. These were for my car, but both mine and yours are sedans, so you should be able to draw lots of parallels. Mine was 4' long (because I had a sheet of 4'x8' coroplast). I think the overall width was around 6' for mine. It could have used some more trimming, but I was extremely happy with the results.I had considered doing the square sides down to the bumper, but really didn't want to obstruct the tail lights at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SedanKamm.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	6597   Click image for larger version

Name:	SedanKamm-11.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	6598