View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #3682 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
OK, I made a tiny booboo on the SR schematic. hehe. The low voltage cutout will only work for one of the isolated supplies. But you get to pick which one it works for! hurray! I have an idea how to fix it, and I'm converting things to the software that lets me send it to the cheap place. And the 2 or whatever people that ordered will definitely get a free one of the board that will be out soon that will fix the low voltage cutout. Sorry you guys. It was a subtle mistake. The only reason I noticed it was that someone emailed me asking about how the low voltage cutout works, and I walked him through each resistor and transistor. As I was explaining how it worked, I realized I made a mistake.

The good news is, the board as it is right now can be used as an SR board (with 1 safety feature not working), a standard control board for a motor controller with all the safety features working, or as a control board for a charger with all the safety features working. It also has CANbus, and stuff, so it's not complete crap. So you couple guys that preordered it, you get a free charger board (or whatever you want to use it for) AND a SR control board (slightly delayed)! hurray!