View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #58 (permalink)
Zerohour
Master EcoModder

Pooparu - '01 Subaru Outback Limited
90 day: 28.12 mpg (US)

Cop Car - '94 Chevy Caprice Interceptor 9C1
Last 3: 18.48 mpg (US)

Mini - '11 Mini Cooper
90 day: 37.63 mpg (US)

Gramps - '95 Subaru Legacy Postal
90 day: 23.18 mpg (US)
Well my green, but not green, but still green mod was an epic fail tonight. It helps to not leave an online shopping cart reset, you may end up the the wrong items.

I'm 9 Miles into the first tank with the bumper block and wheel guards. I also finally took the plunge and pumped my tire pressure to 41 PSI (10 PSI below maximum for the tire).

We'll see how it goes.

ABS Plastic should be in route for delivery. Tomorrow or Wednesday I may be looking for a toaster oven. :-p

I need to determine how to make the molds to do the thermal-form. Not quite sure yet. I know it's going to involve building a mold using something that will require prep time. :-( here starts another 40 hour project. :-p

Brucey got almost an entire MPG by removing his subaru's truck mirrors. I'm hoping to make them aerodynamically neutral. Neither providing lift nor downforce. I want to try to split the mirror in the middle and guide air around it. I need to make a curved leading edge, or else the design will be far, far too boxy. I could do box much quicker, but the subaru is round and soft. Box just doesn't blend.