View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #53 (permalink)
Jyden
Master EcoModder

Enduro E-bike - '11 PowerPedals Enduro
90 day: 2236 mpg (US)

Jota - '14 Toyota Yaris Hybrid H1
90 day: 53.11 mpg (US)
48.64 mpg !!!

Just came home from our vacation trip to Brittany in France. We did all in all 4.140 km (2.570 miles).

The best two tankfull's both shoved more than 48 mpg. The best was 48.64 mpg with the car loaded with two persons and lots of luggage.

The two 48 mpg trips was on the way out and on the way home, both part of an 10 hour drive mostly on highways and some mainroads.

Warm wheather no doubt constibuted to the good results, but I also noticed that the car benefitted greatly from the trip, as it has become much more responsive, as all parts of the engine, transmission and exhaust system has been running at max temps for a long time. I suspect, that my normal shorter trips (in comparison) had somewhat clogged up parts of the system, maybe the catalyc converter?

I also hit the limit as the engine temps (and my grill blocks) in the mountains of France and Germany, where I had to keep the speed down to not more that 65 mph, in order not to overheat the engine going up 8 - 10% steep slopes in the warm wheather (30 deg celcius).

Well - all in all I'm impressed with this littte 10 y.o. car performing flawlessly on the whole trip, and the very good milage we got, contributed signifigantly the keep the cost of the vacation down.