View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Use RICA Engineering - Performance and Economy Tuning for Volvo, BMW, Audi, VW, Mercedes and most other makes and models to select your car.
Price info is in the text on the left of the power curves.
Price : €580.00 EUR + VAT (€435.00 EUR + VAT for cars over 3 years old)

Looks like they only have a power upgrade for your Svietlana though.
I missed the price, duh. I also noticed that only the power tuning is available for my model. Maybe they haven't noticed that it's the exact same engine as the 1.6D in the Volvo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
At least skin deep - their easily checked statistics are the same except for FC and emissions.

As their FC figures are very different and they also drive differently, there have to be some differences - ECU mapping certainly is one of them, but I can't tell if they also put in different camshafts and the like.
From Volvo V50 DRIVe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Here is a list of the CO2 reduction steps:
  • 29% Reprogramming the engine
  • 25% Aerodynamic changes
  • 18% Longer 3rd and 4th gears
  • 18% Tires
  • 3% Transmission oil
  • 7% Optimalization of the steering mechanism
The longer gears are probably what is most noticeable from the driver's POV. I'd like to know how the steering was optimalized... Maybe they went to electric P/S?

You're lucky, since you can swap your transmission for the DRIVe's, or get some of its underbody panels. If I were you I'd be leave my phone number and a few beers at the local scrap yards

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 08-18-2010 at 02:26 PM..