View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
saand
Wiki Writer

bugler - '91 Mazda 626
90 day: 35.89 mpg (US)
I have entered in some information gained from the scangauge website and summary info from the ecomodder efficiency mod list and a thread or 2.
I don’t have a scangauge myself so can anyone with experience using the scan gauge please correct the page if you see any issues.

I am a little uneasy putting a efficiency gain of between 0 and 33% as claimed by the manufacturer. Can anyone that has installed a scangauge give any info about their efficiency improvement. Has anyone taken down their efficiency from filling up the tank before the scan gauge and after they installed the scangauge and after they adjusted their driving habits. Looking for someone that hasn’t done any other mods to their car but also had the scangauge installed long enough to change their driving habits significantly.

I would also be interested to hear anyone’s personal experience for particular driving habits they changed due to the scan gauge. For example after seeing the scan gauge readings I started shifting into neutral when stopped at lights because the fuel used was lower. Something along those lines. I am hoping to show the reasons why anyone would pay $150 for it