View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #424 (permalink)
usergone
I have to start over?

Big inefficient truck - '94 Dodge Ram 2500
90 day: 12.1 mpg (US)

Honda Civic - '84 Honda Civic DX Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMunoz View Post
I was thinking of using the styrofoam crash protection that's comes under the front bumper cover on the outside...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimIsbell View Post
Yes, I agree with you about pretty....but my wife DOESNT! But your mods could be prettied up and still work, maybe even better, but that might take a lot of work that was better spent on research.
How's this for foam, any aero shape you want, AND PRETTY? Try covering your car in expanding polyurethane foam, then shaving down to the right shape and painting. (Jim, looks like you and I were onto the same idea)

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos View Post
It probably would get better mileage with more ground clearance, but its not as easy to raise an independent suspension as it is a truck with solid axles. It would also raise the center of gravity and make it more tippy in a turn, reducing safety.
You could always put tires on that are a little bigger than stock. Get a few CM extra, and taller gear ratios to boot. Not sure if the extra weight of the bigger tire would offset any gain, though. Prolly not

Basjoos, I have a question about the construction you used. It looks like you used a lot of coroplast, then aluminum sheeting, held on with rivets or screws, but what is that glue/filler type stuff you used on the coroplast? I guess it is the same stuff you used in the body gaps?