View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
iplaysdrums
Learning a lot

Tony - '15 Honda Fit EX
90 day: 40.3 mpg (US)
I'll make this as brief as I can...

But there is a lot to share!

Added aluminum side skirts (bits of flashing from Home Depot - ~$7 each), cut to shape and size, bent to follow the curve of the car, painted flat black, attached with zip ties.

I may have dented the driver's side skirt a little going over a speed bump without being quite careful enough. So it goes.

I've also reattached the front air dam, which I'm going to shape a bit better, hopefully tucking the edges in so it looks like part of the car, not a bolt-on bit of coroplast like it is, then I'll paint it flat black like the side skirts.

I also filled the large gap between the bonnet and the front bumper, using weather stripping, which I colored with a Sharpie. It turned out looking great, I think! In the above pic you can also see the tape airdam over the top grille.

I had to leave a gap to get to the external bonnet release, as my hands aren't completely flat.

It should be somewhat obvious that I've forsaken the belly pan for the airdam, and I'm now brainstorming rear-end treatments to curb the car's massive trailing wake. This will prove difficult, but I have an idea, I just don't know if the product I want to use exists. More on that later.

Ta!