View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
cons
EcoModding Lurker

Odd - '04 Ford Ranger
90 day: 33.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Another thought: the occasional mistake aside, it's articles like this that catch people's attention.

I can point directly to the 2005 EV World article about Phil's Toyota pickup as the spark that launched my interest in aerodynamics & aeromodding. At that time, there were no forums on the topic, but there was a long discussion that followed in the comments below the article. You can read there the suggestion that a dedicated forum be started, and that was the genesis of the now defunct MaxMPG Yahoo group, the spiritual predecessor of GasSavers and EcoModder.

So, maybe there will be others who read your article and discover a new interest/hobby!
I totally agree. The whole time I was just thanking Ben for giving this subject some exposure. I read a lot of news and never come across this stuff. More dedicated ecomodders here ought to contact their local paper. Looking to the future, our oil comes from the most volatile place in the world. If the Israel/Iran conflict explodes, a hell of a lot of people will want to know about this. Even without that though, people will be interested. I had no idea until this April.