View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
I swear every pump I see around here claims 10% Alcohol, I honestly thought it all was tied to some Federal mandate to get Americans off of oil- by slowly increasing the amount of alcohol in our "gas".

This may not be the correct forum, but while on the subject of alternative fuels I wonder how much bang per buck we can get out of those Algae farm fuels? I read that Algae needs just a pinch per plastic bag of fertilizer (chemicals no doubt) plus water, stapled to large white walls inside large green houses that managed to grow the pond-scum in a few days.... The way things are going I much rather have my fuel competing with frogs than I want the fuel to compete with the world's food supply... Thus Corn, Cane, sugar most of the alternatives compete with the food supply. It would be really cool if Algae-fuel would burn with more of a bank than moonshine (ahem) I mean corn-alcohol does.

I must concur that the small gas engines seem to be running the worse on this e10 stuff. Does raising the octave from 87 up higher really help any with small econo-box engines?

Support American
Workers!