View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 07:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Drive Stick
Weight Reduction

Celica GTS - '02 Toyota Celica GT-S
90 day: 36.32 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Drive Stick
Thank you to those in support of great gas mileage, I appreciate it. The cars gauge does tank AVG, which is why it was shocking to see it reach 99.9 but that was after back to back to back downhill coasting engine off.

I was excited about the fact that I was finally able to see the driving habits at work with this car. My other vehicles don't have any such OEM equipment to help me read things. (also installed aftermarket vacuum/boost gauge in this one.)

Everyone gets "unlimited" gas mileage when coasting with the engine off, and most of us get in the 20's / 30's around town so I don't know why it's hard to believe that some of the time we are actually getting 99.9mpg. That's how the overall tank numbers raise significantly, by having high highs, and not so low lows. Everyone's car does this under the right conditions.

Frank Lee - people don't make posts about every tank they get good results from. They post when they get outstanding results, or something note worthy to encourage the fellow board members. I want people to know anything is possible. I can see why you might say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
I find one-run fe claims hilarious.
because quite Frank-Lee... it's funny how people drive long distances remaining on the gas pedal the entire time. They could be using advanced driving techniques and reaping the benefits of saving some at the pump.