View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturasz View Post
Thanks for info Arragonis. Mine engine code is AFN, which I don't see in your given list. It is not PD one, it is VP. I also don't see ALH which You say that is OBD2.
What does the plug look like ? If it looks similar to the OBDII one I would 'risk it' if it was me. If it doesn't work at all then punt it on ebay - they seem to hold value reasonably well or you can use it on another car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
even if it "works" it won't give accurate mpg on a diesel.

EDIT: assuming it works like we think it does, based on the publicly viewable behavior.
Although I doubted this (and started a thread about it somewhere) I got one anyway for other gauges like temp, MAP etc. On the first tank (i.e. pre-calibration) it was way under the on board measurement for MPG in all instances - setup for the under-endowed US gallon I assume

Now after 1 calibration tank mine is more or less matching the on-board to within 10% average MPG. It is usually pessimistic in comparison but then again the built in one usually paints an overly rosy picture - and of course has no facility to apply calibration corrections which the SG2 does at each fill-up.

One big advantage of the SG2 is having AVG and instant MPG always visible. Simple technique is to learn how to keep instant over average in different situations - hills, motorways, city driving etc. It paid for itself on 3 tanks in my car - Diesel is that expensive in the UK

Mine is the PD ASZ engine (130), I set it to Diesel 1 fuel type.