View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Hey Barna,

I'm a goofy wonk for the Draw feature in Microsoft Word. It is quite a powerful little drawing tool once you get the hang of it all. I mostly use the "Autoshapes/Lines/Freestyle" to make a very rough shape, then I right click the feature, select "Edit Points" then right click the points to change them into corner points, then you can make any sort of curve you want out of the lines by manipulating the "guide wings". I can trace a car almost perfectly in like 5 minutes to copy its rough shape. And working with the "Format Autoshape" you can manipulate and measure angles to 1°. (Make the degree "°" by holding ALT and type "0176" (zero one seven six) when you release ALT, Whuuups there it is....) I “Insert Image” to get the picture into the Word Doc that I want to work with. When I’m done, I then convert the Word Doc to a PDF using Adobe, then Save that as a JPG. And Voila, I have a handy modified picture. I crop & resize the JPEG pic using Microsoft Office Picture Manager…..I hope I’ve told you all this and you have a PC not Mac…..Oh well, others may dig this. I keep meaning to sit down and do an extensive “How To” on using the tools I’ve mentioned, maybe in December.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of making a “Prius Back” for my Honda Civic, look for a junkyard trunk lid, then you can get medieval on the junkyard lid mounting whatever you want to it, however you want, and you still have your OEM lid to put back on to normalize your car if you need to. Heck, you could get one that's in awful condition (as long as it seals the trunk area) so you may get a good deal on it. You could easily come up with a quick release and/or hinge system for the Mod to be able to open the trunk if needed.

Charlie