View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fr3AkAzOiD
Ecomodder

Cobalt XFE - '08 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE
Team Chevy
90 day: 41.1 mpg (US)

'05 Malibu V6 Tow Vehicle/Track Car - '05 Chevrolet Malibu LS V6
90 day: 23.12 mpg (US)

'08 XFE average for 2013 - '08 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE
90 day: 41.1 mpg (US)
Just ordered new tires!

Ordered my self a set of Michelin Energy Saver A/S from Tire Rack.

Still got enough tread on my original tires to go another 5k+ miles easy but they were on sale and last time I saw them at this price was a good 4 - 5 months ago.

I have been happy with the mpg's I've been getting with the Goodyear Integrities and they lasted over 45k miles with enough left to get me to 50k miles if I wanted to. Tire Rack ran some tests and I should be able to get around 4% or 5% more mpg with my new tires and with how I drive that should be an extra 2 or 3 mpg.

I do run my my tires just below sidewall max and have to say that after 45k miles there is actualy slightly more tread left in the middle then on the sides, which is the opposite of what people who are against running tires inflated to sidewall max say will happen.

I am going to run in the tires a bit and slowly build up to 42 psi cold as there has been some evidence against taking a brand new tire and pumping it up to sidewall max right away.

My mpg goal for 2010 has been to average 48 mpg for the entire year and as it sits currently I am at 48.28 mpg average. I am hoping that with these new tires I will be able to hit 50+ mpg average for 2011.

As it will be winter by the time I get the new tires built up to sidewall max and the colder weather will hurt my mpg's I will probably have to wait till next April to really see how much of an improvement there is.

2012 mpg