View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Varn
Do more with less

OD - '05 Ford Econoline
90 day: 18.64 mpg (US)

Joetta - '86 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Oil Burner
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.71 mpg (US)

Benzilla - '85 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 28.08 mpg (US)
The trailer was tapered to a vertical line as he wanted the length for his bicycle.

That is interesting so I am hearing 3 data points all positive. I don't like the idea of a long tapered extension on the back of my Econoline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamperBob View Post
Varn, thanks for sharing. If you can rustle up more pix eventually that would be great.

Aerohead, agreed. I have actually EXCEEDED my Tundra's EPA rating while towing my 3500# fifth wheel camper!

Piwoslaw, remember that trailer was designed for a full van: it probably height matched for continuity. Being able to move around inside the trailer (if hunched) might be worth gold to the owner. The assertion about relative benefit of tapering down the pointy part is arguable. More data is needed.

Cheers
KB

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed.”

Noah Webster, 1787

Last edited by Varn; 09-01-2010 at 05:24 PM..