View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Domman56
Master EcoModder

Tank - '76 Chevy El Camino Classic
90 day: 25.89 mpg (US)

Sabrina - '91 Mercedes Benz 190 E
90 day: 37.07 mpg (US)

Angel - '88 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
Last 3: 23.01 mpg (US)

Quicksilver - '04 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac257 View Post
Thanks for the info.. I intend to replace the filters with K&N eventually and the oil at the next oil change. What do you mean by "doing exhaust"?? And are you saying that I should spend more for premium gas to get better MPG??

As for the tire pressure, I check them regular once a week, but I set them to the door pressure .. not the side wall max pressure. I have been wondering about that pressure. Should I check the air pressure when the tire is hot or cold? Setting to max sidewall pressure will not change the ride much on my truck but a couple mpg would be nice if it works. I would love any recommendations for LRR tire for light truck. I have been contemplating using passenger tire also.

Don
Actually i use K&N air filters haven't tried their oil filters but i've heard good things about them. Well with premium on a newer car i'd say try and use it a few tanks to see if it makes a difference on your vehicle mine are older so i adjusted the timing to run on premium and with the exhaust my thing with trucks is a flowmaster or flowsound (cause it's a direct flowmaster replica for only 40 bucks on ebay) with a turndown at the rear axle and on my car i just deleted the resonators with an x pipe and replaced the rear muffler. far as tire pressure check do it cold
If you're gonna use a passenger tire i'd say try the michellin hydroedges they're great tires with a pretty LRR plus they are a 90 thousand mile tire.

and with that truck i'm sure people are gonna suggest aeromods too
but it is true lots of the mileage increase you'll see is due to your driving habbits

Tank:
(No actual EPA numbers for car just used F/E numbers when i first got it)