View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
saand
Wiki Writer

bugler - '91 Mazda 626
90 day: 35.89 mpg (US)
Weatherspotter looks like we are thinking along exactly the same lines regarding the wiki.

I had only set up the wiki as a place holder at the moment as I dont have time to fill out the pages at the moment (im concentrating on entering improvement data in the mod wiki which involves searching through all the threads)

So please do add as much info as you like to the hypermiling tips wiki and feel free to change the template and main page as you see fit. I was thinking about what do to with this wiki regarding format because there are many tips which are very involved and can be quantifiable and tested which warrant their own page but there are others that are likely to have a one liner explanation which might be annoying to have a person come along click on a bunch of links for only a 1 line explanation.
So maybe the wiki main page could almost copy the existing 100 page which has a title for each tip and a few lines explanation then for appropriate mods a link can be provided to more detailed info/how to and any millage tests. The title for each tip in the main page could have after it the averaged millage improvement.

There are likely plenty of ways to do this so ill leave it to you and any others to decide what you want to do there.