View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #301 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
I'm so excited! I just finished routing and ordered a 4 ounce copper (each side) pcb from pcbcart.com for a low voltage (144v? or 200v if you use 300v mosfets) AC controller. It is mosfet based. I figure about 300 amps per phase is what the mosfets can safely handle. It uses 18 of those TO-264 gigamos 7.5mOhm 200v 230amp mosfets. 3 mosfets per "thingy". YOu know, how there are 6 of those things. What are they called?! dang it! I sound like a friggen idiot now. Also, I routed and ordered a single through-hole AC control board. 12v control power. It powers the 6 "things" with 6 ISOLATED supplies. IT's a little excessive to have all 6 be isolated, but that makes it very open ended for extremely high power power sections. What's more, it can be used as a standard DC control board, or a SR control board, or a sepex control board, or a PMSM control board, or an ACIM board. hahaha. Just leave some stuff unpopulated. Every other motor controller is a special case of the 3 phase controllers. I've been super sneaky! The software is also mostly done.

I got off school on the 20th of August, and have been spending a LOT of time doing that stuff. I had the EVTECH list check the control board, and I added a few really good additions, so if there are mistakes, I think they will be very minor. I hope. duh duh duhhhhhhhh.

The plan is to test my AC motor with V/Hz, then PMSM with field oriented control, and then AC motor with field oriented control (the grand pooba). The low voltage (like up to 144v) power board won't get here for a couple weeks, since it's being worked on in a friggen slave labor camp in China.

sawickm (09-06-2010)