View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Braebyrn
seeking aero mods

Slowmover,
I follow all of your comments except the tongue scale. I think is a great tool and I should get one.

I use a infrared temperature tool to check the tires for the correct load. It has been my way of leveling the load. But it requires me to drive for about 10 minutes to heat up the tires. Not the best way to do it for sure.

Driving 75 with a wall behind the truck is not smart you are right, but I wanted to see how well the mod worked. I slowed down to 62-64 and found that range worked well too. Tires are cooler too!

I will have to go thru all of the fuel reciepts and post them. Like you stated, Altitude, weather, tire pressures, etc. will skew my results. I drove up passes, flatlands, construction zones, and many other different weather conditions and even the longest cattle herd I have seen. Messy too! The extra crap on the wheel wells and trailer, didn't help me much either.

What can I do different for the hitching for the sway from passing cars or cars passing? I have the load leveler bars, but do not use the sway bar.

But when I added the last boattail, it amplified the sway caused by passing vehicles.