View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #166 (permalink)
JackMcCornack
EcoModding Apprentice

I'm currently working on blending the rear fenders to the door line, and better get it done soon since I'm driving it to Pennsylvania next weekend. I found the overheating problem (I believe); the hose from water pump to radiator had just the right bend in it so it was fine when cold, but softened sufficiently when warm to kink flat in the middle. Sheesh!

MAX will be a roadster this trip, it may get couped over the winter but I might also just start fresh.

dmack257, your comment re Hypercar's wheel clearance is right on. MAX's front fenders had to be high to deal with street suspension travel and steering lock, higher than the rears in fact, which makes the body look a bit goofy but such is life. And by "high" I'm only talking 29" from the asphalt, it's definitely a small car--it looks really small parked next to a Miata, and really really small when covered with a tarp. Seriously, with a tarp on top to take away the visual cues, it doesn't look like there could be a car under there.

A roll bar at some point? For the roadster, I'm thinking two roll bars a la Cobra, but with the one on the passenger's side foldable for drag reduction.

Last edited by JackMcCornack; 09-10-2010 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: misspelled "warm"