View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Otto
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Indeed the front lip seems to be rather high up on the LoReMo, far higher than the sides, and scooping up more air.
I wanted to illustrate the front wheel fairings guiding the air outboard, rather than under the car. And as you say, they are in line with the rest of the nose.
On talldude#5's car they wouldn't come up as high being mounted underneath the bumper.

There seems to be more going on underneath the Loremo than meets the eye anyway.
Front:

Rear:

I only wonder if we're ever going to see anything of it.

I suppose the best way to explore this is to start by installing a flat undertray, then do tuft testing with a lipstick camera under the car to see what is really going on with the airflow. Then, add wheel fairings aligned with the relative wind, then fine tune with ABA testing.

Flow fences are a possibility, as are vortex generators on the undertray.

And, on a related note, last week on Bloomberg cable TV channel was video footage of a recent GT car race at Nurburgring in Germany. Showed some of the nose and tail refinements on cars like Lotus, Maseratti, etc.. Interesting stuff. One of the under-tail diffusers had flow fences splayed out somewhat, rather than straight back. I'd like to find good undertray pictures of those cars.