View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #154 (permalink)
Zerohour
Master EcoModder

Pooparu - '01 Subaru Outback Limited
90 day: 28.12 mpg (US)

Cop Car - '94 Chevy Caprice Interceptor 9C1
Last 3: 18.48 mpg (US)

Mini - '11 Mini Cooper
90 day: 37.63 mpg (US)

Gramps - '95 Subaru Legacy Postal
90 day: 23.18 mpg (US)
I believe last time I changed the oil I used the Vavloline Durablend. But this was in the beginning of summer? I was driving half the distance I am now. And usually I would be ripping hell through back roads. I believe the term abusive is more appropriate than spirited. I did the check the oil before my trip up to NY and it seemed good. But that was 800 miles ago. I haven't checked it recently, but the oil has been stressed over the entire summer and I'm sure its due. I don't really see the point of trying to pull few hundred more miles out of it unless its super clean. Last time I tried to go to 3500 and it ended at 3600. Oil was due at that point. But that was more more or less winter oil into the spring. I wasn't working in January and part of February, so my miles were much much less over winter and short in the spring with the short commute.

I'm thinking I may go full Synthetic this time and see how it goes.

I did play with the skirts tonight. I have the base set of holes drilled for the aluminum strap. Tomorrow I will drill those out, get the upper mount set. Then I'll go for the final trimming on the passenger side. trim and surface finish. with some luck I'll have the passenger side primed tomorrow. The Driver side needs more surface prep before I do the primer dusting and mock up for bolts/trimming. Night kids I'll post up pictures of tomorrows progress