View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #76 (permalink)
unixrocks
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009Prius View Post
This is strange. The ScanGauge shows very stable 14.0 ~ 14.1V while driving around.

More details to share?

Sorry - missed this one - you can disable the converter via the fusebox - the 100A fuse is it.

the 14.0-14.1V on the scangauge is surprising - my stock battery is good and I see wild fluctuations in voltage - I would guess that I see fluctuations because as the 12V is topped off it is detected by the system and the system stops sending the 14V to the battery to charge it - I cant yet account for the 14.8V I see sometimes - I do have a stock 2008 prius without navigation, bluetooth etc.

If your constantly seeing 14V then I would guess your 12V battery is not keeping up with the demand - what year is your prius and whats it got for electronics?

Edit: Ok missed the obvious yours is a 2009 prius - I dont understand why the 14V is constant - I would think the converter would come on and off as needed but maybe its by design in the 2009 to stay on to ensure the battery is at full charge?

I will post more details as I get some real world results back from this setup.

Further Edit: I have been sidetracked from this because I have been pulling apart the front cowling and all the vents and blower to try and find the source of the "mouse urine" smell with no success at all. managed to track it down to just the internal vents but still nothing found to explain it. =-P

Last edited by unixrocks; 09-11-2010 at 10:29 PM..