View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 11:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
cons
EcoModding Lurker

Odd - '04 Ford Ranger
90 day: 33.29 mpg (US)
Yeah I was wondering if I should expect increases off original EPA ratings or after the mods. Still not sure on that. Is it the law of diminishing returns or the sum is greater than all the parts? I think it's the latter.
Also, after further thought, something tells me this is all just way too high. Maybe these short fills, which are consistently 60ish, just aren't accurate as Frank Lee always says. I don't know. I don't know how they couldn't be (even when I'll max the tank out on the return), but I don't know how it'd gain so much. So I'm just going to drive half the tank out, which will take a couple weeks. After that, I've got a long road trip and will get a really good idea. But I don't want to be disappointed to be getting only 40 mpg then.
A big problem has been people at work putting gas in and out of my tank, reducing me to these short runs when I fill up before and after. I just bought a locking gas cap today though so that'll stop. And I got an oil change and it feels much smoother.
So, I think I am hitting 60 in ideal flat, non-windy conditions, but I'm not too confident on it. If the aerocivic can hit 120 though, I think 60 could possibly be what I 'm getting. I'm just remaining skeptical for the moment.