View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 07:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Todhunter
EcoModding Lurker

HF Transmission - testing waters

I have an HF transmission that was totally overhauled (all new bearings, seals, and oil guide plates) in February 2006 that I am about to remove from my car. It still runs like a top, but it does not suit my driving needs anymore - I need shorter gearing for driving in the mountains!

My car had 245,600 miles on it when I installed the transmission, and I turned 300,000 yesterday, so that puts the mileage on the transmission at about 55,000 miles.

Not to toot my own horn, but I have overhauled many Honda manual transmissions over the years, and all are still running fine, to my knowledge. I'm just saying I know what I'm doing, and either have the tools, or have access to the tools to do the job right.

I did not install new synchros, as they were not needed - the box still shifts like butter.

If you want to see pictures of the rebuild, go to GasSavers and search for a thread titled "CRX HF Transmission Rebuild" by DaX (that's me). Since I don't have a high post count, it won't let me post the link.

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in buying it - if not, I'll stick it in the attic and use it for parts.