Thread: Loremo
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
trebuchet03
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
I would like to see real life offset frontal and side impact crash tests interior noise levels, AC, road holding, stability control, ABS, etc. The swing up windshield for a door is dumb. Anyone that has to live with rain or snow will hate this car.

Those are both very large vehicles. Show us a height comparison next to any other small car like a CRX, Insight, Miata, etc.
I, for one, will trade a few drops of water for 150mpg I mean, my car's interior gets pretty wet from opening/closing my doors as is (when it rains of course). I've noticed several new cars that don't have rain gutters too.

I agree with the impact testing though - but, according to them, their dumb door is why it should fair better in such scenarios (even the headrests can act as a roll bar if necessary).

Height comparison to any 2 seater would be good

Smart Fortwo: 8'10" long - ~5'1" tall - ~6' wide
Loremo: ~12' 6" (384cm) long - ~3' 7" tall - ~4' 5" wide

Is it perfect? Probably not. Am I willing to be a first adopter - yes (if the timing is right )

Quote:
The Loremo will never be sold in the U.S. ... correct ?
Not initially - according to them.... It is left hand drive though - so that's hopeful