View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #330 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
OK, so I've been super bad about the SR controller. Here's the low-down on everything:

I hurried to get the previous SR control board out and it was $350 that I didn't have. I made a mistake so that only one of the 2 low voltage cutout circuits will work properly. So, school was just getting out for the summer, so I was going to have 4 weeks of unpaid vacation (read unemployed) until school started again this coming Monday. So, needless to say, I was pretty depressed. What does one do when there is no money, but time? SOFTWARE! But what software? What's nice and challenging, and isn't mathematically boring at all, like the DC software is becoming? AC! So, I went to work on that, and on the AC control board schematic, and on an AC mosfet based low voltage power section. 144v battery pack 300amp per phase AC. None of which costs anything except time. And man did it take time. When not jumping on the trampoline with my son or talking with my wife, I was working on all that for like 12-16 hours per day. It sounds like a lot, but when you don't sleep very much that frees up all sorts of extra time. So, I got an AC control board made for a $25 special at some board house, and I have been populating it the last few days. Here's a video of the control board and the basic IGBT based power section:
Automcdonough (09-18-2010), mpgmike (01-26-2022), Nevyn (09-23-2010), roguethunder (09-19-2010), sawickm (09-17-2010)