View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fr3AkAzOiD
Ecomodder

Cobalt XFE - '08 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE
Team Chevy
90 day: 41.1 mpg (US)

'05 Malibu V6 Tow Vehicle/Track Car - '05 Chevrolet Malibu LS V6
90 day: 23.12 mpg (US)

'08 XFE average for 2013 - '08 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE
90 day: 41.1 mpg (US)
Anyone else let down by Chevy Cruze mpg?

EDIT: I started this post before the official mpg ratings for the Cruze Eco were released and before that release date was anounced. However I still think from an mpg standpoint they could have done better on the standard Cruze models.
--------------------

When they first announced the Cruze there was all this rumbling of 42 mpg.

Which later fell to 40 mpg.

Now they are saying 40 mpg is only on the Eco version that will be another year off.

Specs are now on the Chevrolet site and they are saying 26/36 mpg (manual)with the N/A engine and 24/36 (auto with O/D) with the turbo.

The two different engines they are offering are the same HP just with a bit more torque on the turbo version. Whats the point of two options then.

US also misses out on the hatchback as that is Euro only.

They even failed on weight. 200 lbs more then the Cobalt Sedan and 20 less hp to push it around.

I guess they couldn't make it too good at MPG or else no one would shell out money for the Volt.

I do have to say I haven't seen one in person so it may be a bit larger then then Cobalt and I have heard the interior is quite a bit better but still....

I was kind of expecting 38+ highway and better city numbers considering how much smaller the engine is.

Maybe I was just expecting too much...

2012 mpg

Last edited by Fr3AkAzOiD; 11-22-2010 at 01:05 PM..