View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
cmj
Team Honda

Honda - '96 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 36.12 mpg (US)
CMJ - Nerdy stuff inside! (56k NO)

Hi all, my name is Chris.

I'm a 21 year old professional student as of this fall. I made more money than I knew what to do with as an IT consultant for the FAA but contracts end and people don't hire anymore without an "official" education.

I've been into cars since I was little. I raced dirt bikes, built go karts, and modified scooters for all the kids in the neighborhood.

Drifting is a part of my life that will never go away. The drift culture is one of the most accepting and helpful groups of people that I have ever come in contact with. Here's some pics of the last competition car that I put together. These pics are the same car, just the progression that it made.

I've built a couple of fast civics (both turbo, and nitrous) but this is the car that started my interest in fuel economy. I swapped a CRV 2.0 liter motor in coupled with a 1.8 liter ECU, and enjoyed 34MPG no matter how hard I drove it.

I also dabble in motorcycles.

My buddy Andy modeling the bobber I put together (unfinished as of this pic)

I love good beer, one of my favorites is Rogue Dead Guy Ale

There's much more, but these intros can get long. I'm currently down to the motorcycles, and my new civic. I joined this forum because I'd like to push the Honda as far as I can, and possibly make it look good in the process. I'll be posting a build on it as soon as I can get it all together!