View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 06:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Funny
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cd View Post
And it not only works well, but looks good too !

So Funny, you have a brand new car that has had that many problems ?

And a Toyota too ??

What are you street racing the thing ;P
It's not brand new, I just keep it looking new .

It's a 2002 Corolla with 122,000 miles on it. I've owned the car since 26,000 when I bought it from my dad. I call it the Rolling Lemon because of the unusually large number of expensive repairs, Toyotas are very reliable cars, and I plan to buy another, I just happened to get the one that was made on a Monday by someone that was still hungover . The engine was replaced at 46,000 (no, I wasn't racing it.) It was my daily driver. The engine was still covered under 5/50,000 warranty. Then at 70,000, the entire A/C and defroster system died, no warranty this time , cost about $1700 to fix through a friend. It was the middle of winter, and I needed the defroster, what can I say. Then I had to replace the clutch because that was slipping at 98,000 or so. The Lemon's been running fine ever since, knock on wood.

To answer a question before it comes up, the oil pump was bad, that's why the engine needed replacement. I do regular oil changes every 3,000. I'm switching to synthetic and going to extend it to 5,000 or so. I drive a lot. So, it would be nice to save a little time and money on the oil changes.