View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #220 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Good timing - exactly 1 month since last post..... and we're back!

crxfi.com has been in the works for a while, but moving along just as quickly as the crxfi itself - not too fast, but getting there. Kind of like how it drives

Some major updates:
I found a <i>pristine</i> 91 CRX Si at the local junkyard. I took the bumper, hood, fenders, and doors. I took the steering wheel, the hatch pistons (not having those makes you <i>really</i> want them), the console, and the heater controller. The doors have the seatbelt assembly on them, but the crxfi has it pillar mounted, so my door panels look slightly weird because there is no seatbelt coming out of them. Like I said, everything that came off that junkyard find was in pristine condition, so now it actually looks like a thousand bucks!

Even bigger news: today I liberated the efficiency holy grail of suzukiclone transmissions from the junkyard! '93 swift transmission, 3.52 FD ratio, 74 teeth on crown wheel. That's right, time to be jealous! This car can not get any better for what it is when I throw this trans in! Xfi motor, 3.52 trans, and the lightest possible Mk2 CRX. Aside from my own mods, the only stock parts I could really buy to make it any better would be insight rims and RE92s. I'm kind of happy this has been proceeding at such a leisurely pace - the work has been hard and plentiful, but spread out. I'm really going to enjoy the crap out of driving this when it's finally done. Maybe I'll even wash it sometimes :P

I'll post a video soon too. I think I promised one.