View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #135 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
So I finally managed to set up the deal w/ a friend of mine to sell him the parts truck that I had... part of the deal was that he's going to pull the ZF5 trans out and install it in place of mine, which means I'm gonna have to get a new clutch, and while I'm (he's) in there, we're going to replace the motor mounts and trans cross member mount as well.

I've pretty much given up on ever getting any sort of decent mileage out of this truck, though. I just can't keep up with it and do all the other things I need to do as well, so I just drive it when I have to, and drive the Saturn when I don't.

Last few tanks were only 15-16 MPG... so this one's going to be a hauler, pure and simple. I've driven it literally 1,000's of miles and it's made me more money than it's cost me so far, but I still don't enjoy filling it up, that's for sure.

If I can't eventually find/afford a diesel engine of approximately the same power output (more is good, as well, but affordability changes things) I'm just going to end up selling or giving away this truck and working on a different platform.