View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #187 (permalink)
EdKiefer
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
EGR is shut off at WOT but then you have a preheated intake manifold stealing some initial power. I am not too concerned about this but at part throttle when the EGR is on there is less torque to lug the gears so downshifts happen sooner.

I am able to tweak the EGR flow through the ECU. There is also a parameter to advance timing with EGR flow which I did. However since this motor has no knock sensor I did not want to be overly ambitious.

Another thing to note:
During extended coasts the ECU enters "coasting fuel shut off" mode. I don't know if all the injectors are shut off or if fuel is just reduced but The EGR flow during this time is jurastically increased. The stock values had the ECU enter "C.F.S." after 15 seconds of coasting. I changed it to enter "C.F.S." after three seconds of coasting. One thing I really noticed was a huge increase in drive line drag to the point where you would slow down going down hill. To improve the driveability, I totally disabled coasting fuel shutoff.

2x EGR flow might be a bit excessive as a first step.
normally all injectors get shut down in 0 throttle coast modes . Seems like there using EGR to reduce pumping losses by enabling it there .

It will feel slower and you have to add more throttle to get same power but would have to see how it affects mpg .
To bad no knock sensor you could use that to monitor advanced timing conditions .