View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
scotter
EcoModding Lurker

Squirlador - '02 Hyundai Accent
90 day: 43.73 mpg (US)
update on the squirlador

Tried gray duct tape last week for temp mods and it lasted about 3 days on front ports and rim. Between rain and wind, the middle section of the front ports (about 2/3 of total covered area) disintegrated. Went the rest of the week that way. still, filled up today to see if difference and got a hair over 40mpg. not too bad.
Tonight, I completed my batwing (cardboard kammback ) complete with V notched rear. not so much for look but for vortex effect, pics tomorrow. Have to say as I put this on with gorilla tape that it kicks regular duct tapes butt . I wondered how you drove down the road with things duct taped on and had confidence. I now know. Also patched the front opening shut with this tape so will have to see how it holds up. Took her out for a spin and it is solid upon return. No real sound diff that I noticed.
My coroplast supplier didn't call me back so no developments there. Having trouble finding 14.25" pizza pans to cover my wheel covers. The walmart ones are 16" and that goes a ways over the tire. Not sure it matters...anyone try that?