View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
RobertSmalls
Left Lane Ecodriver

Prius C - '12 Toyota Prius C
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotter View Post
1. like the Kammback idea and boat seems a bit too much for first step. has anyone done this on a 4 dr sedan? did it help much like it does on the hunchbacks (yes, know is hatchback)? Might make a cardboard one to see but if someone has done this, how did you attach the kammback? would like to damage the car as little as possible as I am in a salt the road and eat your car state.

2. have seen versions of front wheel aeromods (liked the rubber membrane idea) but only one I saw that kind of worked was Basjoos. Any other success?

3. rear wheel mods and bellytray- aluminum bar seems a bit spendy with little real function, any other type of support material tried that was good but cheap?

4. bending coroplast and potentially a clear material like acrylic sheet, does anyone know a good link to a tutorial on how to bend.

Thanks in advance from the new guy,
Scott
1. Have you seen Groar's uglyback?

2. I've also seen methods of reducing the fender-to-tire gap, generally with soft materials like coroplast that a tire can displace or chew through if need be. But yes, front wheel skirts are tricky.

3. For the rear wheel skirts, you don't need much Al bar, so it doesn't have to be too awful expensive. Steel would work, if you could give it adequate corrosion resistance. I'd just go with Al.

Welcome to EcoModder, and I hope you find some useful information here. It sounds like you're eager to jump in with both feet. That's good, but you should also start with the low hanging fruit, including instrumentation, a grille block, wheel covers, and rear wheel skirts.
The Following User Says Thank You to RobertSmalls For This Useful Post:
scotter (10-01-2010)