View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
sid
EcoModding Apprentice

grayranger - '10 Ford Ranger XL 2 door supercab
90 day: 31.85 mpg (US)
None of the above.

I am filled to at least 50% of weight or volume capacity (more often, volume capacity) at least 50 % of the time.

I'm a musician and frequently hauling guitars and amps. I've also hauled 3 musical organs in the past two years. A covered pickup or van works best for that and is reasonably secure, a big issue with expensive gear.

I also haul a lot of building and yard material. In the last couple years, I've hauled at least 27 truckloads of mulch, 4 loads of sand, 4 of cement block, 4 of concrete pavers, 8 rain barrels, numerous sheets of plywood, insulation, 2x4s, rain gutters, bushes and trees, etc.

For example, last Friday I was filled to volume capacity with 12 rolls of insulation, two 4x8 sheets of urethane insulation, and misc. other stuff (screws, staples, tape, etc.).

I also kayak and camp a lot. I frequently sleep in the back of my truck, which converts between comfortable camping and hauling in about ten minutes.

That is why when I was buying a new vehicle earlier this year, I decided to stay with a pickup.

I also typically only drive about 7500 miles a year. I use my bicycle a lot and bike about 4500 miles a year.

Band's latest song/music video "I Sing Along"