View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Today I checked the axle gear oil, still clear and golden, leveled the car out on jack stands and added the last quart of gear oil (around two and a half total), I also adjusted the front brakes so they hardly drag at all, cleaned the outer of the front wheel bearings on both sides, and greased them with synthetic grease, now all 4 wheels spin easier, top speed has gone up from 30mph to nearly 35mph!
I had been using a small charger and charging the batteries in pairs to make sure they were all equal, but today I used the on board charger that I'm still a bit wary of, it doesn't seem to turn it's self off and yesterday the "charging" light died, (bulb still good) so you have to listen for the humm to see if it's really on, thinking of buying a pair of on board boat battery chargers, each is set up to do 2 12v batteries at a time, figure with two of those I can charge all 48v worth, and it has a de-sulphation mode as well as a trickle charge that comes on as they reach the top, as the current on board charger is pretty crude... a transformer and two diodes... (no case).
This evening I had it at a friends house and had it parked in front of her house where we could see it from inside, it was fun to see people walk by and give inquisitive looks, it almost became a game to see if they would stop walking! plugged it in there, and got permission to leave a cord in a convenient location at another friends house as well.

Last edited by Ryland; 04-18-2008 at 09:44 AM..