View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
frank316
EcoModding Lurker

The Beater - '99 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 39.89 mpg (US)
from what I have read and understand, peak cylinder temps occur at 14.7-1, peak egts occur slightly richer than that around 14.0ish but anything after that should start significantly dropping, I know theres quite a few pilots on here, and theres a lot of debate in the aviation world about flying l.o.p. (lean of peak, ie leaner than 14.7 to one) some even suggest running wide open on the throttle and leaning until you acheive the correct cruise rpm.. and most of those engines are dinosaurs with piss poor cylinder head designs air cooled detonation magnets..

Does anyone know the threshold of lean burn for the vx? I currently start richining past 14.7 at around 10" of vaccum and run around a 13.8 at full throttle for power reasons... it makes 106 hp to the crank on a good day, it needs all the help it can get overtaking cars on the highway..lol

About the o2 sensor I know a vx sensor(l1h1 or a ntk sensor) will supposedly read 25-1 but the only controller i've seen that utilize them (ngk... anyone know of any other ntk controllers?) only reads to like 16 or 18-1...

Keep the thoughts coming guys!

Ben