View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Titanium
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarguy01 View Post

Anyway, getting closer to the reason I started this thread. I have 63,500 miles and the original tires. They are 235/65/R17 Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus's. They are LRR's (low rolling resistance), but the max sidewall pressure is only 44 psi, which I am currently at. They weighed 32 pounds a piece when new. They are 880$ a set.

I need new one's soon. I could make these last another 5000ish miles or longer, but winter is fast approaching and I need this vehicle to get me to work.
I bought a set of four Michelin Energy tires used for $100.00. One of the tires was almost brand new while the other three were very good tread wise with no signs of damage. There are a couple of places near me in my state that sell good used car tires for $25.00 each regardless of brand or size.

I read a story online that suggested to never buy used tires because you never know if they were run flat or mistreated. I also read a post by someone who said many people will never buy used tires, but they have no problem buying a used car with used tires on it and will not change them until they are wore out. Depends on how you personally feel about it.