View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
miket
EcoModding Apprentice

I would think understear or overestear could be economical if they stop you from having to either use the brakes and slow way down in the turns or drive the whole time at a less than optimal speed.

What kind of steer do they call it when you lose control and do a 360? When i was a freshman i was driving to college half asleep in my dads car i borrowed. The road had some damp leaves on it. I had the heat on defrost the windows. I started drifting that boat of a car to the edge then realized it and overcorrected the other way and lost control and went into a full spin. I hit the last few guardrail posts and then slide sideways through a bank of mud stoping suprising quickly. Luckily I went after the drop off and before the pole. maybe 10 or 15ft either way. I didnt have a scratch on me. The whole side of the car was dented and scratched, the front bumper was in pieces and the wheel fell off when pulling it onto the flatbed. I was borrowing the car because mine was in the shop getting a minor dent fixed that day. That 98 monte carlo LS was a front wheel drive and handled poorly. I remember my fathers teeny tacoma truck would fishtail when he would drive it in the snow and i remember the truck going into a 360 once or twice in the middle of the road. Other people seemed to like to hit that truck when it was parked in parking lots lol.