View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #142 (permalink)
3-Wheeler
Master EcoModder

AlienMobile - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
90 day: 80.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmalls View Post
I was wondering about that. It's been too cold out for epoxy to cure this week, but there's a chance there could be a few warm days next week. If the season for glassing hasn't passed, it's really close.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the mpg results. The cold weather might take some of the pizazz out of the mpg figures, but I hope you can still get some incredible figures out of your car.
Robert,

That West System epoxy is some pretty tolerance stuff, I will have to say! It still will setup almost completely hard over night with the outside temperature at 45°F or so, as I have found out this week.

As far as pizazz, yes, I've missed the best part of a hot summer working on the car, so my average mpg figures are lower than they could be. For the past two years, the car is parked in the garage all summer while foam/glass work is being done.

I'm looking forward to sit above lean burn of 75 mpg at 55 mph on the highway. My car has always seemed sluggish at that speed for some reason, and as you know, I've already done the EGR/plate cleaning process.

Jim.