View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 12:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
sevenspeed
EcoModding Lurker

Methods for on-ramp acceleration uphill?

I try to get up to or near the 70mph speed limit to merge and have to get onto aa short and steep onramp. My cas is a 98 Acura Integra with 5 speed MT and vtec motor with 8100rpm redline.

Currently I just give it very light throttle and rev up to 4k instead of 3k like usual. Would it be better to use the vtec which kicks in at 4400 rpm?

What is best for mpg and what is best for minimizing wear and tear? A good compromise?

I've only had. The car two weeks and the final drive is 4.440 managed 34mpg highway still. I am waiting on an ultra gauge and have a vacuum and a/f gauge to install also.

Somewhat related assuming the knock sensor is functioning would it hurt to run regular or midgrade? I'll pay he extra to prolong car life but feel it may be a waste the way I drive which is very mild. I'm sure it's fine unless I need to accelerate in an emergency but the knock sensor should compensate in theorrry. The non vtec version with 140hp instead of 170 runs on regular I think.