View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Best vehicle to tow a trailer?

I've talked to a number of people who are looking for a new vehicle who want something to tow a trailer and I started thinking about all of the options if you rely on a trailer, then I looked around my parents house, low flat bed trailer for hauling large or heavy stuff, small high sided trailer for hauling dirt and gravel, snowmobile trailer, sail boat that belongs to a friend, tow bar for my electric car (it also fits on the low flat bed) and started to think about how a tow vehicle would be a good 2nd vehicle, or a good vehicle to have to share in a family or group of friends.
most people would pick a pickup truck, but are there better choices? I was thinking something like a Jeep wrangler would be a good choice if they had some aerodynamic improvements and that a diesel engine might even be able to be put in if someone had the time and energy.
So lets say you need to be able to tow 2,000 pounds, seating for 2 and cargo area otherwise could be as little as the trunk space in an average car.